Time for your Friday morning round-up:
- Via the Anchoress, Archbishop Dolan on the earthquake in Haiti: “Haiti is the broken, bloody body of Jesus, in the arms of His blessed mother, crying out to the world now for aid and assistance.” If you’re still looking for a way to help, Lizzie has one of the best aid round-ups going.
- ‘Nil by Mouth‘ — Roger Ebert talks movingly about memory, food, and what he really misses about dining, now that his cancer and various surgeries no longer allow him eat or drink.
- ‘Making a newspaper that people will want to read‘: The Christian Science Monitor takes a look at the changes going on at L’Osservatore Romano and its new, pop-culture-friendly image.
- God bless those monks — Benedictine liqueur celebrates its 500th anniversary this year. (h/t AmP)
- Pope Benedict is with Coco.
Orthodox. Faithful. Free.
Sign up to get Crisis articles delivered to your inbox daily