A few links for your Friday morning:
- News outlets are shocked — shocked! — that Pope Benedict doesn’t approve of gay marriage.
- Much like the recent Denver case, a boy in Massachussetts was denied re-enrollment in a Catholic school because of his parents’ homosexual relationship. Unlike the recent Denver case, the archdiocese has offered to help place him at another Catholic school.
- ‘I’m just so sick of this‘: Robin Hood is yet another movie about a “grim, joyless, faux-realist medieval world,” and Steve Greydanus can’t take it anymore.
- A widower in Baltimore is following in his son’s steps… by becoming a Catholic priest, too.
- Anyone here seen Bear Grylls new show, Worst-Case Scenario, on Discovery? The manic star of Man vs. Wild has taken his survivalist derring-do to the urban jungle, and is now showing viewers how to escape dog attack, a car sinking in water, and more. I suppose there’s no one crazi… um, better suited to extricating himself from sticky situations than Grylls. I love the book the show is based on and am weirdly fascinated by his tips, but I have to say — if I ever am trapped in a falling elevator, I’m guessing the furthest thing from my mind will be, “What would Bear Grylls do?”